Police have disclosed additional information regarding the passing of Riley Strain, a University of Missouri student. The 22-year-old’s body was discovered in a river in Nashville on March 22.

Riley Strain
Riley Strain

The Metro Nashville Police Department revealed new details about Riley Strain’s demise.

Join our Telegram Channel for Updates

Join our Telegram Channel for Updates

On March 23, a day after the recovery of the 22-year-old’s remains from the Cumberland River in Nashville, following nearly two weeks of search efforts, the Metro Nashville Police Department affirmed to WKRN that the preliminary autopsy on Strain had been concluded. They reiterated that his death continues to appear “accidental,” devoid of any indications of foul play-related injuries.

A police representative reiterated similar sentiments to the Tennessean newspaper, stating, “A detective attended the autopsy examination.” However, toxicology results are still pending.

On March 22, the police had also stated, after announcing the discovery of the college student’s body, that “There are no signs of foul play at this time.”

Strain’s disappearance was reported to the police by one of his friends on March 9, a day after he was last seen publicly, during a night out with his Delta Chi fraternity brothers in Nashville.

During their outing, the group visited Luke’s 32 Bridge Food + Drink, a bar and restaurant owned by Luke Bryan, located two blocks away from the river. Strain was later asked to leave the venue and was escorted out.

The TC Restaurant Group, which manages the establishment, revealed in a statement on March 15 that during Strain’s visit, he had purchased and consumed one alcoholic beverage and two glasses of water. At 9:35 p.m., their security team decided, based on conduct standards, to escort him from the venue through the Broadway exit at the front of the building.

The group further explained, “He was accompanied downstairs by one member of his party. The individual with Riley did not exit and returned upstairs.”

Numerous clues led to the discovery of Strain’s body, located eight miles upstream from his last sighting. Surveillance footage released by the police on March 12 depicted him stumbling while crossing a street near the river, 12 minutes after leaving the bar.

Additionally, his family traced his last cellphone location to a spot less than a mile from the venue. On March 15, police announced the discovery of his bank card at an embankment near the river.

Strain is survived by his parents, mother Michelle Whiteid and stepfather Chris Whiteid, father Robert Gilbert and stepmother Milli Gilbert, as well as his sister Chelsea Strain and girlfriend Anna Pauly.

Following the news of Riley Strain’s passing, his family made an appearance at a press conference. “I just ask that you mommas out there hug your babies tight tonight, please,” his mother expressed. “Please for me. Hug your babies tight tonight.”